Social Media Marketing Consultant: drafting detailed marketing plans that weave components of social media, PR, across paid, earned and owned marketing platforms, managing clients SMM strategies, community & engagement speaking, training.
Graduate of one of the top multi-media and entertainment Universities in Europe, London’s University of Westminster, BA (Hons) in Contemporary Media. GM&E is a boutique SMM and PR consultancy focused on brand strategy, marketing & communications for entertainment, art, media and start-ups with clients in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and Asia. Ginger is also hired as a freelance consultant for larger companies.
Ginger Liu is a Hollywood based publicist, social media marketing director, unit publicist, digital journalist, stills photographer, author and media maven. She is the owner of boutique digital marketing company, Ginger Media & Entertainment with film and art clients from USA, UK, Australia and Canada. Her articles have been published in film, music, entertainment and art magazine in USA and UK and she is the entertainment columnist for Inside Hollywood Examiner and Regent Media.
Member of Women in Film Los Angeles.
Ginger Media & Entertainment – owner of Hollywood based PR/Social media marketing and independent production company.
Ginger Media & Entertainment specializes in representing independent film and art projects for production publicity, release campaigns, and festival publicity, DVD release, as well as talent, art and magazines.
GLIU is also an award winning photographer who has exhibited work in the US and UK.
Winner of the Federation of European Photographers (FEP) Fine Art Competition 2010.
Ginger runs a movie site with news, reviews, interviews and images:
LA Film Stringer – The Playlist on the IndieWIRE Blog Network
Freelance Digital Journalist/Photojournalist, Author. Global Entertainment Industry Network.
Indie marketing maven.
Author of Expat Guide to Los Angeles
Ginger Liu is “Turning Hollywood Ginger.” “Under the Goodyear Blimp,” “LA From the Apartment the Size of My Ass,” and “Fiercely Independent and Obscenely British.”
Graduate of the top Film, Media, Digital Imagery, Art and Photography University in Europe at the Harrow Campus of the University of Westminster, the foremost media education centre in Europe: The University of Westminster, London UK: BA (Hons) Contemporary Media Practice.
Ginger Liu is the founder of Ginger Media & Entertainment and a graduate of one of the top multi-media and entertainment Universities in Europe, London’s University of Westminster, holding a BA (Hons) in Contemporary Media. GM&E is a boutique consultancy focused on brand strategy, marketing and communications for entertainment, art, media and start-ups with clients in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and Asia. Ginger is also hired as a freelance consultant for larger companies.
Ginger is an experienced Digital/Brand Strategist, Marketing Consultant: Social Media, Community Management, Online Presence, Implementations, Blogging, Journalism and Photojournalism.
Clients include fashion, film, photography, wedding, travel, talent, authors, art, galleries, exhibitions, festivals, media, editorial and music.
Ginger writes regularly about entertainment, art and lifestyle for Hollywood based digital magazines and blogs, including The Examiner, and is an award winning photographer who has exhibited work internationally. She is the author of the “Expat Info Guide to Los Angeles” and is producing a travel memoir about her travels in China. She divides her time between LA and London.
I have one of the largest networks in the entertainment, media and art industries and have been interviewed on US radio thanks to my definitive role in social media marketing. My experience as a Hollywood-based publicist (IMDB), journalist, community manager, social media marketing specialist, promoter and entrepreneur make me a key influence in the boutique SMM , PR and content world.
Consultant Project Manager in Social Media and Online PR. Digital Media, Content & Community Manager, Copywriter and Photo/Editor. Managing multiple accounts in multiple cities and countries:
- Community Manager for PZI Jeans – gained thousands of new Facebook fans and increased sales through sustained organic social media marketing and constant community communication. Twitter and blog outreach, affiliates.
- Community Management for Grammy nominated singer Angie Stone, numerous award winning Hollywood indie features, London Photographic Association, LPA Moving Pictures.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and day-to-day management of brand and entertainment social media communities and fan engagement to ensure a vibrant, engaging, and rewarding experience for fans. Social media network set up and online community management: Facebook, You Tube, Linkedin, Twitter.
- The London Photographers Association and LPA MovingPictures social media initiatives received a special mention in USAToday.com, Journalism.co.uk and GetaNewsJob.com.
- Project Manager: Working as contract, freelance or consultancy, my clients include: PZI Jeans, Grammy nominated singer: Angie Stone, London Photographic Association, LPA movingPictures, Cause Entertainment and numerous Hollywood independent features. Project managing from concept all the way to production and beyond.
- “Ginger is the best…she really elevated the visibility of “Infection.” Howard Wexler, Director, Producer .
Provided coverage – TV, Radio, Web, Magazines, Blogs, Festivals, Red Carpet Event, Screenings.
“Infection: The Invasion Begins” – DVD – Amazon sold out on first day.
Reviewed in Variety
- “The Evolution of Andrew Andrews” Sold out small festival run and audience award winner.
- Women in Film Los Angeles WIFI Shorts Program – full house.
- Social media project manager and community manager for Grammy nominated singer Angie Stone’s US and UK tour.
- Provided content for Yahoo and publicity material for MTV.
- Site Coverage Editor for Yahoo’s “The Royal Wedding.”
- Invited to give classes on social media marketing for film and media at universities in London.
- Interviewed on syndicated radio station Changemakers about experience in social media marketing of independent film.
- Experienced in organizing red carpet events and creating buzz.
“Ginger is the ultimate marketing and PR talent with a vast edge in all film and media. She is a great communicator with a fearless drive, constant energy and a personality that shines through even on the internet. Our work together is still ongoing and I’d have no hesitation in recommending her to others and working with her on future projects.” Justine E Morris, Director, Producer.
Global social-media networks, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to ensure selected films and their producers receive maximum possible exposure. US/UK.
Create, monitor and maintain client social network properties; build and engage social network communities; create web-based content for social networking, e-commerce, website, blog communities; create and implement marketing campaigns directed to online communities; build visibility for clients and projects by working with third-party lifestyle, entertainment, artist, celebrity, review, music, blogs and websites; engage daily relations with clients; develop project marketing plans.
Provide public relations and PR materials to a diverse clientele. Experienced in Hollywood red carpet events and creating buzz.
Google Ginger Liu – that’s fantastic SEO.
Cinema Without Borders
The Magazine LA Art
Film School Rejects
Movies Made Me Do It
Real Movie News
The Independent Critic
Get A News Job
Pocket Change LA
Fused Magazine UK
Inside Hollywood Examiner
Expat Info Desk
Experienced entertainment and lifestyle journalist and photojournalist. Film and TV columnist for Regent Media, reporter for Inside Hollywood Examiner and contributed to Playlist-Indiewire, LA2DAY, Yahoo, Pocketchange LA, LA.COM, IMDB, Film Community and MTV. My coverage has appeared in Variety, Cinemablend, Moving Pictures, Fangoria, etc.
Author of a Los Angeles travel guide and award-winning photographer who has exhibited work internationally. Journalist research skills and copywriter. Live Tweeting the Academy Awards. Reporter for the Inside Hollywood Examiner.
Link to Clips below.
Traveler, Foody, Cat Lover and Environmentalist
“LA From the Apartment the Size of My Ass”
All content © Ginger Liu Photography, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
No form of reproduction, including copying or saving of digital image files, or the alteration or manipulation of said image files, is authorized unless written usage rights have been obtained and issued by Ginger Liu Photography.